|Things that gross me out about working at the hospital
||[Sep. 16th, 2005|11:11 am]
I'm not proud of this list, but it's the honest truth
1. The bathroom at the end of my hall, with the tile walls and floor that have 60 years of schmutz built up in the grout, the sink that looks like someone was mixing meth in it, and the ridiculous ventilation that takes hours to clear the smells of elimination.
2. The guy who uses that bathroom who has something wrong with his urinary tract, who leaves the place smelling like a sackful of dead civet cats swelling in the sun, every time he takes a leak.
3. The coworker who spends 20 minutes on dental hygiene after lunch, and licks the goo off his floss.
4. People with parts of their faces removed.
5. The maintenance guy with Elephant Man Disease, who says 'get the fuck out of my way' to people when he's pushing a cartload of syringes down the hall.
6. The "I wash myself with a rag on a stick" morbidly obese people.
7. The extra-hairy dude who works the grill in the cafeteria.
8. Autopsy Suite.
9. Tumor Registry.
10. The sound of respiratory tech's suctioning phlegm out of people.